cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to ST link (Detection Fail)

SMang.1
Associate II

I'm trying to connect the MP157c-DK2 board in Engineering board. The st link is connected on the CN11 connector.

On the st link utility it says detection failed and does not recognize the device.

9 REPLIES 9
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

​Hi @SMang.1​ 

STLink Utility is a deprecated tool which does not support STM32MP1.

STM32MP1 can be program with STM32CubeProgrammer using USB ( not ST-LINK)

For Engineering mode please use STM32CubeiDE.

Please have a look to :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you also let me know something about the IAR workbench support for the M4 core for downloading and debugging the code.

Hi @SMang.1​ ,

Yes IAR support STM32MP1 device.

We already deliver few exemples of application project for IAR/EWARM in Cube Firmware package.

For sure engineering mode is supported.

For production mode I suspect you need to manage to start Linux and load M4 firmware prior to attach with IAR.

I don't find any useful resource for usage of IAR on MP1 sorry.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks, i do see that IAR support STM32MP1 device for m4 core in engineering mode.

but i am facing an issue where the st link is not detected by IAR either.

Any help here would be very useful.

FAILED TO READ CPUID FOR CORTEX DEVICE

Hi @SMang.1​ 

I guess/hope this post can give you come clue :

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000002h7vMSAQ/iar-and-engineering-mode

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

Thanks for the post link,

but my problem seems to exist still.

I am able to download and debug the code using stm32cube IDE but for IAR, No st link is detected.

I am not sure what i am missing here.

The error says, NO ST LINK Detected

@Led​ @Nawres GHARBI​  Any help would be appreciated.

Is the ST-Link detected by IAR at all (for other processors)? As you seem to have IAR license, you could also ask IAR support. Maybe a FW version problem between IAR and the ST-Link. For me, issues of not detecting the ST-Link was either a version incompatibility or missing power supply on the target.

Yes, St link is detected for other controllers like STM32F429, STM32WB55.

PatrickF
ST Employee

Maybe check your STLink FW version (e.g. using STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -l) and check with IAR.