cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I put the original flash bootloader back onto a device if I've erased or corrupted it?

Michael Joya
Associate II

I'm not sure how I did it, but my Blue Pill STM32F103C8T6 doesn't respond to st-info --probe any more. This has happened twice in a row with identical devices. It seems that if I Ctrl-D out of GDB (an old bad habit) the device seems to brick itself and won't respond to programming or STLINK probes. I'm using an STLINK/V2 programmer attached to the SWIO/SWCLK pins.

I can still set the BOOT0 pin to boot the system ROM bootloader and get proper responses from the STLINK/V2 programmer. So, I'm wondering where I can download the original flash bootloader and what address I'd need to use with st-flash to flash it back onto the device so that I can return to a nice wholesome flash bootloader.

6 REPLIES 6
Michael Joya
Associate II

I mean these are both respectable USB bootloaders but the original flash bootloader that I had was just an STLINK/V2 over SWD programmer. Do you know if that is available for download?

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Look on github

SSoor.1
Associate

I'm facing the same issue.

The ST-link want respond. but the code uploads over uart

AScha.3
Principal III

>I'm facing the same issue.

really ?

i didnt see any specification , what "original" bootloader he is talking about...you can tell this ?

is it arduino ???

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

No you're here with a "Me Too" issue 3 years later

The Blue-Pill board does not include an ST-LINK, you'll always get an "ST-LINK Not Found" type error with them. STM32 Cube Programmer can connect via USART/COM methods.

What "errors" specifically are you getting?

There are precompiled binaries for the code reside ON the Blue-Pill board that are called out on the pages already cited.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/STM32duino-bootloader/tree/master/binaries

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/Arduino_STM32/wiki/Flashing-Bootloader-for-BluePill-Boards

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..