cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the dimension of STEVAL-MKI208V1K?

DPark.4
Associate II

10 REPLIES 10
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @DPark.4​ ,

the X-Y dimensions of the industrial adapter STEVAL-MKI208V1K are 2.45x2.45cm.

You can check it by opening the gerber files available on the site under the Hardware Resources section, STEVAL-MKI208V1K GERBER.

You can open the files with your pcb design software or otherwise with a free online gerber viewer allowing planar measures.

-Eleon

Thank you for your reply. I opened the Gerber file through online Gerber viewer but I cannot check the size like hole size, hole position, and so on. Could you help me to have the dimension or 3D file?

Hi @DPark.4​ ,

please find the 3D pdf file for the dimensional measures below in attachment.

Please let me know if it is ok.

-Eleon

I can see nothing, Eleon. Could you provide me 'step file'?

Hi @DPark.4​ ,

first, you have to download the file (clicking on it and checking the top bar). Then, open the file with Adobe Reader, and you will see a yellow bar on top page. Click on "Options --> Trust this document" and a red question mark (?) will appear.

You can use the 3D measurement tool for your purpose.

Please let me know if you succeeds.

-Eleon

Can I just say that this is about the least helpful way someone could still have been completely helpful? Here's for next time:

1. ST should simply publish the specs inside the databrief, https://www.st.com/resource/en/data_brief/steval-mki208v1k.pdf

2. Since ST already publishes PDFs without requiring Adobe Acrobat, it should have no problem doing this for these particular datapoints. Since the majority of users are not on a Windows platform-- they're on macOS, Linux, Android, or iOS, the majority will not have Acrobat. Maybe it's installable on their platform, maybe it isn't. 
  3. The hole size and location information should have been added as plaintext to this post. Consider that search engines will find this post and catalog it, why not have made it easy for anyone who has the exact same query to find the information without having to read an entire conversation to know where the PDF is and why it doesn't open when using normal tools?

I hope this doesn't sound too critical, I do appreciate the help. But it could have been so much better with just a modicum more thoughtfullness and consideration.

============================================

UPDATE 2023-12-11: For the search engines, the board is 24.5mmx24.5mm edge-to-edge, the holes make a square with a center to center distance of 20.4mm x 20.4mm, and the holes are drilled for an M2 screw.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 10.45.16 AM.png

Hi @kubark42 ,

Welcome to ST Community!

What you wrote is not completely correct. 

The dimension is 2.45x2.45 and the holes are drilled for a M2 screw.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the input! I don't believe you are correct about the hole location. The overall board dimensions are 24.5x24.5mm, but the gerber shows 20.4mm center-to-center for the holes (see attached screenshot). Furthermore, the holes are 3mm, which is a tight clearance for an M3 screw and a loose clearance for an M2.5.

Of course, this would be very easy to determine if ST would simply publish a schematic. It says a lot that the board documentation is unsatisfactory to the point that even ST's workers are confused and publishing wrong data.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @kubark42 ,

I really don't understand the reason why the boards you mention have not same size we have discussed

Our normal plan is to do the same size for square boards and the size center hole to center hole is 20.4mm in both X and Y coordinates.
Concerning the size of the board, this is 25mm*25mm (+/-0.5mm depending the drilling machine). The size of the hole is 2mm as per STEVAL-MKI208V1 DRR file you find here:

FedericaBossi_0-1695286061328.png

3 mm is the metallization of the 2mm holes.

If this helps you, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.