cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-H745 + ST-Link Utility = Can not connect to target

ksamy.1
Associate II

We tried our custom board that has STM32H745XI through ST-link V2 with updated firmware. Initially in boot mode the board connects and we were able to read flash. Then after some time the SWD connection is lost.

It is not even able to debug the application. We measured the power supply on CRO and also connectivity with the MCU. We connected SWDIO,SWCLK and ground pins with the stlink.

16 REPLIES 16
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Does anything eventually remap SWJ pins? Does the application enter Sleep?

ksamy.1
Associate II

Application is also not getting loaded at first.so that may not be the issue.

I'd have thought the NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q would use an ST-LINK/V3

The H7 is very sensitive to the LDO/SMPS and VOS settings in your configuration code. Low power mode and WFI can drop the debug connection due to the circuits involved being turned off. Check also if you change configuration of the PA13/PA14 pins.

When you get invalid settings you need to power cycle the board with BOOT0 High, until you can connect with STM32 Cube Programmer, and then erase the errant code.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

The asker mentions Nucleo and Custom. I supposed he means custom board and StlinkV2.

Check components and voltages on VCAP pins

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Trying to decide if the NUCLEO is just a distraction..

Not really any familiarity with the custom board, potentially design or manufacturing issues there. Not clear what board bring-up checklist items have been met. Would have connected the NRST and SWO too. External ST-LINK/V2 needs to see target voltage.

ksamy.1
Associate II

Today i connected the custom board with ST-link/V3. Error "STM32 target not found error" message received.

Measured Voltages: VDD_MCU=3.3V, VDD_LDO=3.3V, V_core=1.005V.

SWD Clk and SWD_IO signal measured on CRO and able to see clock and data. Any further suggestion what could go wrong?

ksamy.1
Associate II

image of error for reference

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

When going off-board, a speed of 24 MHz may be detrimental. Try with lower speed.