cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWV Trace/Console for STWIN-STWINK1 on STM32CubeIDE, anyone was able to set up a trace on STWIN-STWINK1? Is this possible? Please let me know

Chandrashekar C
Associate III

HI All,

I am using STWIN-STWINK1 for a predictive maintenance application, I am unable to set up SWV ITM data console and trace on STM32CubeIDE.

I tried following all the tutorials on YouTube and community, nothing works. If anyone has been able to get this through please let me know or share the configuration.

Many thanks in advance

Chandrashekar C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Chandrashekar C​ ,

I'm wondering if the SWO pin, required for Serial Wire Viewer (SWV) trace, has been wired on STWINKT1 board... This is an optional pin, as declared by the ST LINK V3 user manual.

The schematic of the application board doesn't seem to include that pin... this may cause the miscommunication.

0693W000003RyxsQAC.png

-Eleon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Chandrashekar C​ ,

adding more topics for community support.

I find the SWV comsol in Window - Short wiew - other - SWV, and then select for example the SWV Data Trace.

0693W000003Ry6yQAC.png

For a tutorial on how to set up the proper variables to be monitored, you can refer to this video.

-Eleon

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​,

Thanks for your kind response.

I have tried all these and I have also referred to the video you have mentioned in the previous message.

I am trying use SVW console for STWIN_PM_AWS application, instead of terminal, I wan to re-direct all the messages to SVW console.

Here is my debugger configuration

0693W000003RyZCQA0.png0693W000003RyZ2QAK.png

I did changed the puts function as following

/**
  * @brief  Retargets the C library printf function to the USART.
  * @param  None
  * @retval None
  */
PUTCHAR_PROTOTYPE
{
  /* Place your implementation of fputc here */
  ITM_SendChar(ch);
  return ch;
}

Just wanted to know if I need to enable any macro? or am I doing anything wrong here?

Kind Regards

Chandrashekar C

Hi @Chandrashekar C​ ,

I'm wondering if the SWO pin, required for Serial Wire Viewer (SWV) trace, has been wired on STWINKT1 board... This is an optional pin, as declared by the ST LINK V3 user manual.

The schematic of the application board doesn't seem to include that pin... this may cause the miscommunication.

0693W000003RyxsQAC.png

-Eleon

HI @Eleon BORLINI​,

This means we can't log printf data to SWV Console on STWINKT1 board?

you may use the USART / VCOM interface to implement the printf debug (example)...

-Eleon

HI @Eleon BORLINI​

I am already doing this, I just wanted to print into SWV console while I am debugging.

Looks like with STWINKT1 its not possbile :(

Kind Regards

Chandrashekar C