cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the real duration time to reach the new speed reference with MCI_ExecSpeedRamp, with hDurationms = 0 ?

richard orengo
Associate II

I have a drone bad behavior when i request opposite large stick movement. I think i need to set a ramp to have homogenous movement . For little stick movement there is normal reaction then i stabilize it easily but when i need to inverse the command with a large stick movement example before i reach a wall, there is over reaction. I would like to set a ramp near the ramp value when hDurationms = 0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msingh
Senior

"I have a drone bad behavior when i request opposite large stick movement" have you tried Tuning the PIDs? There are 2 reasons why you aren't achieving instantaneous fast speeds: 1) the motor is not able to achieve that 2) PIDs needs tuning (try increasing KP or decrease kd of the speed PID regulator) . At least this was the case for me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
msingh
Senior

"I have a drone bad behavior when i request opposite large stick movement" have you tried Tuning the PIDs? There are 2 reasons why you aren't achieving instantaneous fast speeds: 1) the motor is not able to achieve that 2) PIDs needs tuning (try increasing KP or decrease kd of the speed PID regulator) . At least this was the case for me.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @richard orengo​ 

Does the @msingh​'s answer solve your problem?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

richard orengo
Associate II

hello,

yes. I have successfully tuned PID, thx