cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE does not retain user code in FreeRTOS tasks when regenerating with Project Manager Generated Files change

dlkeng
Associate III

In STM32CubeIDE V1.4.2, if the CubeMX Project Manager has the "Generate peripheral initialization as a pair of '.c/.h' files per peripheral" setting enabled after the project had been built with it previously disabled, when the project code is re-generated, the existing user code in the regenerated FreeRTOS tasks is deleted and replaced with the default code. The expectation is that the user code in those tasks would have been retained.

This problem also seems to occur from other changes by CubeMX that result in the task code being re-generated (i.e. renaming the task).

3 REPLIES 3

Hello dlkeng,

I can't reproduce the issue, could you please attach your ioc file for further check ?

Regards,

Khouloud.

I have attached a .zip file with the .ioc, main.c, and freertos.c files of the before and after configurations changes with a ReadMe.txt file providing the step-by-step operations to reproduce this issue.

Hello dlkeng,

Thanks for the clarifications.

The point you raised will be reported internally to be treated accordingly to the priority. We will give you an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Khouloud.