cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Nucleo-l476RG as Audio Device

Mc3
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I am working on a project in wich I want to use a nucleo-l476RG as a MIDI device. I saw on midi official website that the USB Audioclass was compliant with MIDI application (https://www.midi.org/midi-articles/basic-of-usb).

However when I set the board as a Audio class usb device and I flash the program generated by CubeMx (without modifications), my board is still seen as a serial peripheral with StLink (even if I remove the jumpers as said on th St official schematic https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/product-evaluation-tools/mcu-mpu-eval-tools/stm32-mcu-mpu-eval-tools/stm32-nucleo-boards/nucleo-l476rg.html#resource)

When I compare the program with other programs for MCU (stm32f4 µC in most case) I don't see any differences.

Do you have any idea to help me to solve this matter ?

Thanks in advance =)

Mc

6 REPLIES 6

I don't think MIDI is implemented in what can be clicked in CubeMX. You may need to implement it yourself.

JW

Hello,

I know that I will have to implement a midi library.

The first step is to configure my nucleol476 as audio usb device for my computer but when I flash the program it is still recognize as serial peripheral.

I use the default program generated by cubeMX.

Mc

How do you connect the Nucleo to PC, physically? Post photo.

JW

I use the usb connector to connect it to my pc. I tryed to remove the jumper (in the red square) to select the nucleo as it is said in the schematic (sheet 3). 0693W000003RnwZQAS.jpg

You need to connect PC to the USB pins of the target STM32L476, see its datasheet and the Nucleo's User Manual for pins location.

Now you are connecting to the STLink.

JW

I agree, this is why I remove the jumpers in the red square. It is said in the schematic that they are connected for St link mode.

Edit :

I just notice that I did not read well the schematic, I will try again.