cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate full font files?

Tuoman
Senior II

I need to generate font binaries for all characters, because the device accepts external inputs which is unknown at compile time and can use any characters, including chinese and japanese.

TouchGFX seems to generate font files only for characters that I use in software at compile time? Is this correct?

How can I generate full font files? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

TouchGFX will generate what you tell it to. If you only use static texts, then yes, that's what you'll get. But if you define wildcard-ranges to cover the entire unicode range of your font, then you will have those glyphs as well.

For chinese and japanese you'd end up with a large number of glyphs, so here you have the option of using "binary fonts" and "font caching" if you are strained on resources. You can put a binary font on an SD-card and cache the glyphs you need for each view, for instance.

/Martin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

TouchGFX will generate what you tell it to. If you only use static texts, then yes, that's what you'll get. But if you define wildcard-ranges to cover the entire unicode range of your font, then you will have those glyphs as well.

For chinese and japanese you'd end up with a large number of glyphs, so here you have the option of using "binary fonts" and "font caching" if you are strained on resources. You can put a binary font on an SD-card and cache the glyphs you need for each view, for instance.

/Martin