cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to read RSSI value between two bluenrg bluetooth unit

Skuma.7
Associate

Hi,

To measure distance between two bluenrg module using rssi value.

The two devices are loaded with BLE_Beacon example with different public address and few scanning functions are included.

Both the device advertising data can be seen in ST Ble APP in the mobile.

But at the device side,to scan and read the rssi value,the "hci_le_advertising_report_event()" event function is not invoked during scanning.

Advertising is working ,but scanning is not work at device side.

Board:STEVAL-BCN002V1B - (BlueTile)

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

please check if this thread on a similar topic can be of any help for you.

-Eleon

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The above thread seems to be focusing on Mesh network and its corresponding functions.

But i am using software pack"STSW-BLUETILE-DK 1.3.0" which is not a mesh functionality just advertising and scanning functionality between the devices.

I referred the below link document for my application development and followed the procedure as per that document.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/dm00712091-social-distancing-detection-using-bluetooth-low-energy-stmicroelectronics.pdf

As per the above document, the "hci_le_advertising_report_event()" event function is not invoked during scanning.

So i am not able to collect the RSSI value of each node during scanning.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Community member​ 

If you are still facing the issue, I've added BLE-related topics for more support.

-Eleon

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

I am using STM32WB and also get stuck when I try to enable hci_le_advertising_report_event()

I use examble BLE_MeshLightingRFL and in function Ble_Hci_Gap_Gatt_Init(), I command function aci_gap_create_connection() at the end

It return BLE_STATUS_SUCCESS but the function hci_le_advertising_report_event() don't run.

Please respond me soon, thank you

Hi @HPham.3​ ,

I suggest you to post it in a new thread, with tags "STM32WB" and "BLE", so that it can reach more people and facilitate Community help.

-Eleon

If I want to know more about STM32WB BLE Mesh, where can I learn

Hi @HPham.3​ ,

you can for sure access this MOOC course, the one that you can find at THIS LINK.

It demonstrates how to build Bluetooth Mesh network with STM32WB using STM32WB55Nucleo pack and its software package.

You can find additional documentation in the AN5292 application note, where an application example implementing smart light control scenarios, which can be modified to suit specific requirements, is described.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon