cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L496 DFU Serial Number Changes Every Power Cycle

ASINA.1
Associate

I believe there is a bug with the L496 series and the serial number the DFU firmware returns. Whenever I unpower and repower my board I get a different 12 digit hex number, for example this:

05FA03B042C5

becomes

F0F30783F95C

after next power cylce and so on. Anyone noticed this before? I couldn't find any note of this anywhere. Any suggestions for a work around?

I am writing a windows application to load a testing firmware through DFU, then do some testing and then load another app via DFU again and was planning on keeping track via this serial number. Alas, I cannot.

2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Can you try if a similar setup on some other type of CPU works reliable? That way we can excludes errors on your side.

ASINA.1
Associate

Hi!

I have another device with the L452 which works fine. I actually wrote the whole programming system based on that device, and it worked fine. Then we switched to the L496 for more RAM and flash.

I don't even need to check it through my app. I open CubeProgrammer, switch to USB mode (DFU) and whenever I power cycle the L496 reports a different serial.

This is the board plugged in:

0693W000003RfR9QAK.png

This is the same board when power cycled:

0693W000003RfRTQA0.png