cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make H750 run a code more than 300KByte,at high speed。

csinu
Associate II

i have a project want to use stm32h750。

but flash stm32h750 is small,just 128Kbytes,and my code is as much as 300Kbytes。

so i think i have two way :

1�?connect a extern flash by Quad-SPI,burn my program in extern flash,and boot from address—0x90000000。but worried about reducing the efficiency of code execution​。

so if boot from extern flash,the set clock is 480MHz,the DMIPS Value is?

2�?the other method is——every time after power on,move code from extern flash,to internal ram,then boot from ram。

so,is there any example available?

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Why not use option 3: a pin compatible device providing more internal Flash, e.g. the STM32H743?

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Can't you just copy code to RAM and transfer control to it? Why does it need to "boot"

You could also use a hybrid approach where critical code could be in internal flash, and less critical in external flash. You could profile your code if you aren't sure where it spends its time.

The caching provides a significant level of mitigation to slower memory externally, and you can use pairs of QSPI memory, and those with DDR modes.

ST provides assorted evaluation boards where you could *actually evaluate*, test and benchmark the H7 out of QSPI.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..