cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLink Dual Core programming

Chris19
Associate II

Hi,

Can ST-Link be used to program both M0 and M4 cores? Also if the controller in STLink is replaced with STM32WB55RG can the driver for STLink be customized or does it require a new driver development? Is the driver open source? If yes, on what format will it be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Just to rectify my answer from before, yes ST-Link can be used to program M0 and M4 cores or any other core as long as we are talking about stm32 products and not another product.

You can obtain ST-Link firmware via st web page (st.com) , but to clarify there is no particular firmware for STM32F103CBT6 for example, but it is valid for all products, and again it is not an open source.

All you can do is update the ST-Link firmware when needed especially to support new STM32 products

-Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi Chris19,

Yes I believe ST-Link can be used to program both M0 and M4 cores (and other cores as well)

Jut to answer you question for STLink, the driver is not an open source so there is no possibility to customize it.

I guess the only open source driver by ST is the st-util via a GDB server (Open OCD) that allows you to interact with STM32 devices.

I hope this help!

-Imen

Hi,

In ST-Link, can we get the firmware used in STM32F103CBT6?

Hi,

Just to rectify my answer from before, yes ST-Link can be used to program M0 and M4 cores or any other core as long as we are talking about stm32 products and not another product.

You can obtain ST-Link firmware via st web page (st.com) , but to clarify there is no particular firmware for STM32F103CBT6 for example, but it is valid for all products, and again it is not an open source.

All you can do is update the ST-Link firmware when needed especially to support new STM32 products

-Imen

Chris19
Associate II

Hi,

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link007.html

For firmware update this can be used right? Will the firmware be accessible to users? If not, will there be an option in the tool to choose the controller and give the configuration of pins?

We are planning to make a forensic dongle for IoT forensics. Will you be able to provide us with PID and VID for its USB driver development?

Thank you for your support