cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-G431B-ESC1 motor profiler not working (moderator note: this post contains now a bug-fix patch on provided example)

nik8540
Associate II

Hi,

I am trying to use motor profiler 5.4.4 with B-G431B-ESC1. Every time, Electric model reaches 30 percent quickly and then gradually reaches 38 percent to get the 'too much time' warning after which process fails.

I tried different BLDC motors (12 pair-400KV, 7 pair-1900kv)and also tried different supply voltage(12V, 16V, 25V). However result is same.

I can also see few other posts which mentions about similar issue, however, they have not been answered.

Any help to resolve this is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DBE
ST Employee

Hello,

Please find attached an unofficial motor profiler firmware for G4 Y revision and tested on a Y revision with several motors including a 7 pair-1700KV. The official one should be released with the next MCSDK. Then Close your motor profiler GUI, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\MC_SDK_5.4.4\Utilities\PC_Software\STMotorProfiler\resources\assets\fws directory (in general this where the MCSDK is installed) and replace your B-G431B-ESC1#B-G431B-ESC1 3Sh*.hex by the one attached.

Please find also a fix to add to your B-G431B-ESC1 (still for G4 Y revision), replace your r3_2_g4xx_pwm_curr_fdbk.c in <myPrj>\MCSDK_v5.4.4\MotorControl\MCSDK\MCLib\G4xx\Src by the one attached. Open your mc_tasks.c in <myPrj>\Src and look for FOC_CurrControllerM1 routine, then cut RCM_ReadOngoingConv(); and place it before RCM_ExecNextConv(); . These fixes should be also released in the next delivery.

Best regards

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
nik8540
Associate II

@Laurent Co​ 

JA.1
Associate III

I am experiencing exactly the same on my B-G431B-ESC1 board with 3 different motors.. I discovered that if you start the profiling, wait 3-4 seconds and then turn up the voltage on the power supply till you get the "over voltage error" and you turn back down the voltage (I am using 24V) the profiler will start showing measured numbers (the resistance and inductance), but it will still never reach 100 %... I will be stuck at 9x% and the "too much time" popup will show...

@Laurent Co​ No response??

Laurent Co
ST Employee

Hello,

i don't know why you ask me some supports there. I'm unfortunately not an expert. Maybe you confused with another colleague name?

Regards,

Laurent

Can you please point where to get support regarding this issue?

I have bought these boards and they are not working as mentioned in documentation. Even the 6 step algorithm code is not available as advertised. And there is no support so far. This is the first time someone from ST at least responded.

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,

Nikhil

At least you can get in touch with an expert, instead of ignoring us.. Help your users!!!

Laurent Co
ST Employee

Ok, ok, the first time, i thought it was a typo (as one of the guys working in this field is named "Laurent" as well ! ) and forgot to reply. Sorry for that.

I'll check with @Amel NASRI​ how to support even if the idea of this forum is also to have some collaborative support around a community and that we don't answer all posts. keep you posted , Regards, Laurent

Laurent Co
ST Employee

Hello @Laurent Ca...​ , as discussed my mail, the thread was for you 🙂

@Community member​ @nik8540​ , it was indeed a typo. A "." was missing.

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.

Looking forward to the support from @Laurent Ca...​  in this issue.

Regards,

Nikhil

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear "Laurent C"

You are right.

I propose in order to avoid further confusing , I change my nickname from "Laurent C." to "Laurent Ca...". and I suggest you to do the same (that it is to say "Laurent Co..." or other proposal) because there is a lot of post that I signed "Laurent C.".

Regarding this post, I take the point and come back to you soon.

Best Regards

Laurent Ca...