cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It´s possible to program the MC via the virtual COM in a nucleo board like the Nucleo-L4A6ZG?

RLope.2
Associate

The ST link on the board creates a virtual com port, conected to the LPUSART1 of the micro L4A6ZG.

What I´m trying to do is to program the micro throught this com port. To do this, I try this sequence:

• Put boot0 to high, by shortcircuiting pins 5-7 of CN11
  • Push reset button to enter boot
  • Try to connect with STM32CubeProgrammer using the option UART, 115200 Parity Even.

Then I can see the packet send by the PC in the TX pin of CN6, but there is no response from the micro. So, a time out message is shown in the log.

When I connect to the board using S-LINK it works correctly.

So, I would like to know if what I´m trying to do is possible, and if yes, what could be the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

AN2606 describes the serial channels which can be used for the memory boot mode.

For the STM32L4A6 it gives bootloader ID = 0x93 and lists the channels:

• USART1/USART2/USART3/
  • I2C1/I2C2/I2C3/
  • CAN1/
  • DFU (USB device FS)/
  • SPI1/SPI2

There is still no STM32 available in which the bootloader supports LPUART.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

AN2606 describes the serial channels which can be used for the memory boot mode.

For the STM32L4A6 it gives bootloader ID = 0x93 and lists the channels:

• USART1/USART2/USART3/
  • I2C1/I2C2/I2C3/
  • CAN1/
  • DFU (USB device FS)/
  • SPI1/SPI2

There is still no STM32 available in which the bootloader supports LPUART.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
RLope.2
Associate

Thank you very much.

I had misunderstood the datasheet.