cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to improve the performance of STM32F429ZI in processor-in-the-loop (PIL) simulation?

XLin.11
Associate II

Dear experts,

Thank you for reading this question.

I am working on PIL simulation of DC microgrid based on MATLAB/SIMULINK. The system includes three DC/DC converters. The relevant three controllers are loaded into STM32F429ZI. The switching frequency and sample time are 5000Hz and 50e^-6s. However, PIL simulation is very slow. Therefore, is it possible to speed up the simulation speed by improving the performance of STM32F429 or using other methods? Thanks a lot.

Best regards!

2 REPLIES 2
Brian McKay
Associate III

Hi,

I think the lack of performance is due to the high sample rates / frequency. With PIL, there is usually communication at every time step; so if you can minimize the amount of information passed between simulation and STM32, that may help speed up the PIL simulation. Likewise, if you can run (stably) at a low simulation rate, that would also help.

You may wish to contact MathWorks Tech Support for more guidance.

Cheers,

-Brian

Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for you reply. I have reduced the sampling time and switching frequency a bit. (If it is reduced too much, the microgrid system will be unstable.) However, the increase in simulation speed is not obvious. Is there any other way to reduce the amount of information between simulation and STM32? Thanks agian.

Best regards,

Xin