cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting a make file error when building the project.Can you please help me to resolve this?

AE.2
Associate II

arm-none-eabi-u_printf_float -o "STWIN_WiFi_Connectivity.elf" @"objects.list"  -mcpu=cortex-m4 -T"E:\SANAVA_PROJECTS\Vibration Sensor\cloud_wifi\STSW-STWINKT01_V2.0.0\Projects\WiFi_Connectivity\STM32CubeIDE\STWIN_WiFi_Connectivity\STM32L4R9ZITx_FLASH.ld" --specs=nosys.specs -Wl,-Map="STWIN_WiFi_Connectivity.map" -Wl,--gc-sections -static --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -u _printf_float -u _scanf_float -Wl,--start-group -lc -lm -Wl,--end-group

c:/st/stm32cubeide_1.4.0/stm32cubeide/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.win32_1.4.0.202007081208/tools/bin/sh: arm-none-eabi-u_printf_float: not found

make: *** [makefile:59: STWIN_WiFi_Connectivity.elf] Error 127

8 REPLIES 8
KnarfB
Principal III

arm-none-eabi-u_printf_float is wrong.

The compiler is arm-none-eabi-gcc

-u _printf_float is a linker option for enabling floating point io. It is repeated correctly later in the command line.

In STM32CubeIDE there should be no need adding that option manually. It can be enabled in the IDE Project > Properties > Settings MCU Settings by checking "use float with ...".

Another (?) common source of trouble is the space in the project name "E:\SANAVA_PROJECTS\Vibration Sensor\...". This is problematic when Windows and GNU tools meet. Avoid any special characters in your project path, keep it short and plain ASCII letters, numbers and underscores.

AE.2
Associate II

Thank you for your valuable response.I have changed the compiler to arm-none-eabi-gcc .

But it is showing not found arm-none-eabi-gcc .

Can you please help

make all 

arm-none-eabi-arm-none-eabi-gcc "C:/test1/Projects/WiFi_Connectivity/STM32CubeIDE/syscalls.c" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32L4R9xx -DARM_MATH_CM4 '-DMBEDTLS_CONFIG_FILE=<connectivity_mbedtls_config.h>' -DUSE_WIFI -DNET_WIFI_CLASS -c -I../../../Inc -I../../../../../Middlewares/Third_Party/mbedTLS/include -I../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32L4xx/Include -I../../../../../Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../../../../../Drivers/BSP/STWIN -I../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/es_wifi -I../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/hts221 -I../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/lps22hh -I../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/stts751 -I../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/Common -I../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_Connect_Library/Includes -I../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Class/CDC/Inc -I../../../../../Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -O0 -ffunction-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"SW4STM32/SW4STM32/syscalls.d" -MT"SW4STM32/SW4STM32/syscalls.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "SW4STM32/SW4STM32/syscalls.o"

c:/st/stm32cubeide_1.4.0/stm32cubeide/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.win32_1.4.0.202007081208/tools/bin/sh: arm-none-eabi-arm-none-eabi-gcc: not found

make: *** [SW4STM32/SW4STM32/subdir.mk:27: SW4STM32/SW4STM32/syscalls.o] Error 127

"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

20:39:54 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 1s.175ms)

KnarfB
Principal III

The prefix arm-none-eabi- is now doubled... So you only have to enter gcc.

AE.2
Associate II

Yes,Thank you

Again showing this kind of error

c:/st/stm32cubeide_1.4.0/stm32cubeide/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.win32_1.4.0.202007081208/tools/bin/sh: arm-none-eabi-: not found

make: *** [makefile:59: STWIN_WiFi_Connectivity.elf] Error 127

AE.2
Associate II

Can you please help me to build this project successfully

KnarfB
Principal III

No more ideas. Something is wrong in your project setup. Create a new STM32 project from scratch and compare all project properties to find the difference.

AE.2
Associate II

Thank you. I have created a new project and build.But I am getting * No rule to make target error

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @AE.2​ ,

there may be some issue in your .ioc creation of the default project of the STWINKT1.

Can you start your project from an already existing example, and add to this your user code? For instance, you can choose the Serial_DataLog SW4STM32 project you can find in \Projects\Serial_DataLog\SW4STM32\STWIN_DATALOG.

-Eleon