cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST VD Software installation Issue : An anomaly (1) has been detected during installation.

Anand Kumar
Associate III

Hi Team,

I have installed ST Visual Develop in ST web page. At the end of installation, installation page got stuck and then i have terminated by end task using task bar....

After completion of installation, i have opened software then following error message has occurred as shown in figure "while_opening". and exit from IDE as shown as "while closing".

In IDE --> help ---> Generate support file... pl find the file support file.....

Please guide me to solve this issue soon....

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand Kumar
Associate III

Hi peter ,

Issue got resolved,I tried to re-installed ,didn't get that....but un-check all the release notes then it went fine...Now it is working fine....

Thank you for your support....

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

We apologize for the inconvenience, as the software has not been updated for some time and the general rules for current Windows versions are now slightly different.

To ensure full access by the users, especially to files like the reported one called default.wed, please do not install STVD in normal paths like C:\Program Files (x86), but to a different one, e.g. C:\ST

Does it help?

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Anand Kumar
Associate III

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reply me soon...

As your suggestion i have been tired to install in c:\ST ....Installation went some how fine but at the end process get stuck after this ....pl find the attached image below.

I have opened the STVD IDE same as previous issue while opening... but while closing the issue was not there....some improvement is there...

could you help me to solve this issue permanently.....

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar.

Anand Kumar
Associate III

Anand Kumar
Associate III

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

I don't have good proposal what's going wrong at your installation, but just the common hints.

You could first check if there is already something installed and remove that completely, maybe even the leftovers in the registry.

After that I would try to install again using admin rights, to e.g. c:\st or c:\st\stvd.

BTW: what version of Windows are you using?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Anand Kumar
Associate III

Hi peter ,

Issue got resolved,I tried to re-installed ,didn't get that....but un-check all the release notes then it went fine...Now it is working fine....

Thank you for your support....

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Good to know that trying to view the release notes could cause the problem. This might be also helpful for other guys also installing STVD.

Regards

/Peter

李YY.1
Associate II

Thank you. I solved the same problem when I saw you

regards

After installing programmer, it does succeed. However, click on programmer and it will automatically close. Does this happen to you