cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy the 5x MEMS Mic module MB1299?

This module is advertised in manuals to several ST development boards, e.g. the 'F413 Disco.

Why is there no product folder for this module?

JW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

after internal double-check, I can confirm you that MB1299 mic module is provided exclusively in conjunction with the eval kit. I agree with you it should be specified...

Please note that the MP34DT01-M on the MB1299 is not the best-in-class MEMS mic in ST portfolio, and that the optimized design for the beamforming app is the Bluecoin one.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

I'm afraid this module has to be bought together with the entire dev kits... but currently I'm checking internally to be sure of my statement.

Please consider that the suggested setup (HW+SW) for the beamforming app with STM MEMS microphone is the STEVAL-BCNKT01V1.

-Eleon

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Thanks for the answer.

> I'm afraid this module has to be bought together with the entire dev kits...

Which dev kits?

Does it come bundled with the 'F413 DISCO? Are you sure?

The 'F413 Disco databrief nor manual says so, both mention only "Expansion connectors:– Audio daughterboard (5 ST-MEMS microphones)". The module is not on the pictures. I can't find anything on the webfolder to that kit either, idicating that this module is bundled.

Can you please verify this information?

Thanks,

JW

Hi @Community member​ ,

>> Which dev kits?

I was referring to the STM32H7B3I-EVAL kit, but I'm verifying with my colleagues from MCU division since the module it was developed a few years ago.

I'll keep you updated and give a feedback as soon as possible.

-Eleon

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

after internal double-check, I can confirm you that MB1299 mic module is provided exclusively in conjunction with the eval kit. I agree with you it should be specified...

Please note that the MP34DT01-M on the MB1299 is not the best-in-class MEMS mic in ST portfolio, and that the optimized design for the beamforming app is the Bluecoin one.

-Eleon