cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE and TouchGFX integration queries.

NTipp.1
Associate II

Ok, so I'm finding my way through STM32CubeIDE, MX and TouchGFX. I've read a lot, whatched videos and read tutorials. Cutting to the chase, I'm using a 747HDisc0 board, STM32CubeIDE v1.4.0 and TouchGFX 4.14.4. I'm obviously trying to use them together and, like many in the past, struggling to get going.

I've created non-graphical projects in CubeIDE and successfully run them on the Disc0 board. I've created projects in TouchGFX and successfully run them on the Disc0 board.

There isn't much that I can find on the latest releases, but plenty on IDE 1.2 and TouchGFX5.5. The main advice seems to be: Create an app in TouchGFX, generate the code and import the resulting .ioc into CubeIDE.

Two issues:

1. I don't see an .ioc file when I generate code from TouchGFX.
  2. If I open CubeMX > Software Packs > Select Components, X-Cube TouchGFX 4.14.0 has no download option (although I have it installed) and states that 'This pack cannot be used on the selected processor", and the 'generator' option is greyed out in the selection drop down.

Is this an issue with the latest tools not currently supporting the dual core H747 processor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JPeča.1
Associate III

I think, if you skip rename part, it will be working fine.

Or second solution, that i have tried and it worked. I followed the video and then from the STMCubeIDE workspace I renamed .ioc file to name of my project (typed to TouchGFX during creating project). This solution works too.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JPeča.1
Associate III

Hi @NTipp.1​ ,

you are right. There is no support for dual core devices at this moment.

NTipp.1
Associate II

Ok. I should start with single core, then. Any timescales on the table yet?

It appears that CubeIDE v1.4.0 and TouchGFX 4.14.0 don't work together via TouchGFX Generator (according to the CubeMX software package manager). Is there any way of using the two for a project, or is a case of rolling back to previous versions?

JPeča.1
Associate III

I have STM32F746G - DISCO and STM32F769i - DISCO. In both cases I am using TouchGFX 4.13.0 with CubeIDE 1.4.2. and it works fine. There is a warning at CubeIDE (software packs): This version is not compatible with current version of CudeIDE.. But it still working properly for me, so I do not care. 🙂

NTipp.1
Associate II

That's good to hear. Thanks for your reply.

NTipp.1
Associate II

Ok. Followed this excellent video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiPtQp4chG0

and all is good. I have hit one problem so far that it doesn't cover, though. I renamed the project in the project file as per the video. The .ioc file in the Project Explorer window, though, is the one originally created from the DISCO template. When I try to open it in CubeIDE I get the following message:

'Invalid Input: Must be project's active .ioc file.

Project's 'MyTestAppF469DISCO' active one is 'MyTestAppF469DISCO.ioc' file'

Any ideas on how to get around this?

JPeča.1
Associate III

I think, if you skip rename part, it will be working fine.

Or second solution, that i have tried and it worked. I followed the video and then from the STMCubeIDE workspace I renamed .ioc file to name of my project (typed to TouchGFX during creating project). This solution works too.

NTipp.1
Associate II

Thanks for that. I was an idiot - tried to rename the file outside of CubeIDE and open it in CubeIDE. That did not go well. My lack of experience with Eclipse. Your method has worked for me too.

JPeča.1
Associate III

@NTipp.1​ 

Nice. Glad to help you. You can notify by mention in question, If you will have some. I will try to help, if I could.😉

NTipp.1
Associate II

Thanks. I appreciate it.