cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are timer outputs connected?

LMI2
Lead

For instance STM32H750VBT6 has many timers, but CubeMx does not show where their outputs would go. I don't want to mess (enable all of them) an existing design just to see where timer output are.

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

The datasheet will list them.

Going to be easier using CubeMX though, in my opinion. You don't have to enable them, you can click on a pin to see its possible functions.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
LMI2
Lead

I am using CubeMx but there is very little or no timer outputs visible in it.

TZARDI
Associate III

​Hello,

When using the CubeMX you can either activate the timer and its output pins will be activated or you can just select the different pins and see their alternate functions. Or you can just check "Table 7. STM32H750xB pin/ball definition" of the datasheet  and you will find the corresponding timer output pins in the different packages.

Br,

Thank you.

But what are outputs and what or where are inputs. I'll check the datasheet, but Cube could a little clearer.

Regards Leif M

0693W000003R6KwQAK.png

TDK
Guru

> But what are outputs and what or where are inputs.

The TIMx_CHy pins can be either outputs or inputs depending on how the timer is configured, which is up to you to decide.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TZARDI
Associate III

Hello,

As you can see in the screenshot below i've activated TIM1 for example and different options of the possible configurations of the different channels appeared. For example when you choose the channel1 to be output compare the corresponding pin becomes activated (the color of the pin changes to green).        

Br,                   

0693W000003R8X4QAK.png