cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any plan to upgrade STM32CubeIDE toolchain?

Armandas
Associate III

I've seen there are several posts with similar questions, but no real answer.

I'm would like to know if there are plans to upgrade the GCC toolchain in the near future?

Like many, I am interested in using C++17 features, so GCC 9 would be desirable.

CC: @mattias norlander​ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

We have a ticket for it and it is something we would like to be able to implement in the next release, it's targeted towards the next release. However, it will depend on the bandwidth of the development team. The ticket could still be pushed to a later release.

I apologize if this could also be interpreted as not a "real answer" but at this point it's too early to say for sure and I wouldn't like to make any promises that I would later have to take back.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

We have a ticket for it and it is something we would like to be able to implement in the next release, it's targeted towards the next release. However, it will depend on the bandwidth of the development team. The ticket could still be pushed to a later release.

I apologize if this could also be interpreted as not a "real answer" but at this point it's too early to say for sure and I wouldn't like to make any promises that I would later have to take back.

@Markus GIRDLAND​ 

Thank you for the answer. It is reassuring to hear that an upgrade is planned!