cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi we have new product that he need to transfer data control side to side(point to point) for example SPI --> air --> SPI. I found on your web a product of Sub-GHz - SPSGRF.

MSela.1
Associate II

I would like to know if the SPSRF could work for us?

can it pass UART/SPI/CAN/etc. side to side?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

That's really not how these devices work, if you need to tunnel data ​over the radio link for other hw protocols you have running, you'll have to implement those methods.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MSela.1
Associate II

Hi Clive,

from the SPEC the of SPSGRF its support SPI, is it transfer SPI over the radio link? point to point?

if not, what data is it transfer over the wireless link, can i build it that it will transfer the SPI packet and rebulid it on the RX side?

thanks,

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Hi there in Amimon -v))

Clive is right, this is not how it works.

To pass thru SPI or UART, you need to know the data layer protocol and wrap the protocol messages to transport over wireless,

then unwrap on the other side and forward. Think how to compensate for added latency and loss of messages over the wireless.

On the other hand, if you had a broadband wireless link such as in your wireless video, it could accommodate a few MHz subchannel to carry UART, maybe even SPI.

-- pa

MSela.1
Associate II

hi Pavel,

thanks,

we going to buy the 2 EVB boards of B-L475E-IOT01A1, in order to bring-up a demo of network between 2 EVBs, base on subGHz RF.

do you think it is good platform for quick start POC subGHz network link?

maybe, do you recommended on other EVB platform for POC?

i mean platform with reference code for bring up the network and send first packet side to side.

thanks a lot,

Meron