cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Into CUBE IDE debugging section it seems grabbed by other task, what is wrong?

JSILV.2
Senior

I upgraded my CUBE IDE in order to turn it stable on W-10. This was solved with 1.4.2 version. But, at the same time, I switched to NUCLEO-072RB to implemment a simple BLINKY LED routine using a custom "while" delay. This is a over simple routine.

When a start the program, the LED turns ON forever. It I issue a step by step execution it works over the loop two times, but when the pointer go over the "delaying while" some other task grab the control and in the "console window" we can see a full sequence of messages apart from the intended process. It is possible to PAUSE the process, but single step command resume the above endless process again.

I have never the chance to execute one simple program into CUBE IDE debugger.

Have someone this behavior? Do someone have a hint of what could I doing wrong?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> using a custom "while" delay. 

My guess is the compiler is optimizing out your custom while delay and the LED is turning on and off at a very high frequency such that it appears to be always on. Hard to say for sure without any code.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

> using a custom "while" delay. 

My guess is the compiler is optimizing out your custom while delay and the LED is turning on and off at a very high frequency such that it appears to be always on. Hard to say for sure without any code.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JSILV.2
Senior

Perfect!

Dear Sir, that's what is occuring: I increased gradually the delay's value and after one huge value the LED start flicking. Thanks.

Up here I have two conclusions: the CUBEIDE 1.4.2 is stable on W-10, but the HAL_Delay() have a problem with one internal variable that seems not varying up final delay time.

Many Thnaks.

Regards,