cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX and IOC files do not follow semantic versioning convention

Miles1
Associate III

A version mismatch prevents me from inspecting the .ioc file generated by CubeMX in CubeIDE:

" This file has been generated with STM32CubeMX version '6.0.1'.Your current STM32CubeMX version is '6.0.0'. "

0693W000002lilcQAA.png

If CubeMX is following semantic versioning, then it looks like this is just a PATCH bump, which should be backwards compatible. If it's not backwards compatible, then what do these numbers even mean?

Also, I'd simply update the IDE if that was not blocked by this other issue: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000Gj2OYSAZ/how-to-update-stm32cubeide-on-linux

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Mf.1,

Can't reproduce the issue from my side.

working environment:

• STM32CubeMX version: 6.0.1
  • STM32CubeIDE version :1.4.0

Otherwise, when creating a CubeMX project using the latest version v 6.0.1 of STM32CubeMX , it will not be possible to load this project using older versions of CubeMX ( v 6.0.0 for example).

Regards,

Khouloud.

Miles1
Associate III

Thanks for the response.

Some additional system details:

• STM32CubeMX version: 6.0.1
  • STM32CubeIDE version :1.4.0

I figured-out how to update STM32CubeIDE to 1.4.2 (required root, see other thread), and that fixed the problem.

Still curious what to expect from the versioning numbers in CubeMX. Seems like the digit locations don't convey any particular meaning.