cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Can any one write a block data into 1K Mifare classic card with CR95HF (ISO.IEC14443A). thanks

Nshir.1
Associate

I have clicker2 board and it communicate with CR95HF. How can i write a block of data into Mifare classic card with ISO/IEC 14443A?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

see similar post on this subject: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000ADDjr7SQD/what-are-the-nak-value-meanings-for-cr95hf

The tag you are using requires a proprietary authentication procedure before issuing any Read or write commands. Trying to send a Read/write command without having performed this mandatory step leads to receiving a NACK answer from the tag.

Such tags are not Type 2 compliant and the proprietary authentication is not available from ST.

If your want to simply perform Read/Write commands, Type 2 compliant tags will fulfill your needs.

Feel free to gives us more details about your application so that we can help you to choose the most appropriate protocol and most appropriate tag from ST portfolio.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

see similar post on this subject: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000ADDjr7SQD/what-are-the-nak-value-meanings-for-cr95hf

The tag you are using requires a proprietary authentication procedure before issuing any Read or write commands. Trying to send a Read/write command without having performed this mandatory step leads to receiving a NACK answer from the tag.

Such tags are not Type 2 compliant and the proprietary authentication is not available from ST.

If your want to simply perform Read/Write commands, Type 2 compliant tags will fulfill your needs.

Feel free to gives us more details about your application so that we can help you to choose the most appropriate protocol and most appropriate tag from ST portfolio.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

thank you for your answer

Really I want to make a device for writing personal data of athletes that go to gym. and a device for reading information of them . A few years ago, I worked with MFRC531. With it, I can write key A, B and access bits of MIFARE card to select sector blocks and write data. But now i want to replace MFRC531 wirh CR95HF. I cant find any instruction to do this job. May be I mistake to select CR95HF. Please give me advice to do this job. I thought with some library can do it???

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

as explained in the previous answer, such tag use proprietary authentication and ciphering. CR95HF supports the physical framing used for those tag. The support of the proprietary authentication and ciphering on top of CR95HF cannot be provided by ST for obvious legal reasons.

Rgds

BT