cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745: Dual-Core Bootloader I plan to implement a custom bootloader for dual-core device STM32H745. Can I just use 1 bootloader on CM4 side and flash the images for CM4 and CM7? Thanks!

CFeng.1
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Yes, this is viable. You'll need to ensure only the CM4 starts up, then start the other core in your program if needed. Or use the CM7 as bootloader. Both cores have access to the entire FLASH space.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Yes, this is viable. You'll need to ensure only the CM4 starts up, then start the other core in your program if needed. Or use the CM7 as bootloader. Both cores have access to the entire FLASH space.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thank you for the quick answer. Using CM7 as bootloader seems easier for my project.

KWest.1
Associate II

@TDK when you say "You'll need to ensure only the CM4 starts up, then start the other core in your program if needed." ... any clues on where I might find how to do this.