cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External QSPI flash storage in STM32F746ZGTx rather than STM32F746 Discovery Board

Hello, I am able to store data External QSPI flash storage of  STM32F746 Discovery Board using given external loader N25Q128A_STM32F746G-DISCO with STM32 CubeMx programer.

Now in my project I am using different package STM32F746ZGTx ( LQFP144 (20x20 mm) ) . I am not sure if same given external loader will work or should I need to create my own loader.

Can any one explain How exactly external loader work ? It will making QSPI in indirect mode to store data data.

0693W000003QmHxQAK.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

The external loader facilitates access to the unique memory and board specifics. Provides simple API to read, write, erase, etc.

Your choice of memory IC and pins/wiring will dictate if an existing loader can be used, or if you need one tailored to your different design choices.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Community member​  Hi, I tried but got issue. Can you please check this link ? Thanks

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000HL6ULSA1/stm32-external-loader-program-with-stm32cube-programmer