cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fading a group of superposed images

vtunr
Associate III

Hi,

I'm trying to fade a group of images that are superposed, grouped in a container, but I have issues.

I tried using setAlpha for each component of the container, but then we see the images under that are part of this container.

0693W000003QeHBQA0.png

I want the group of image to behave as one.

Then I tried to use the cacheable container, but when changing the alpha, the part that was transparent is now fading out, and we see the limit of the container :

0693W000003QeHGQA0.png

Any idea how we can achieve what we want ? A nice fade in/out of multiple images as it was one image, keeping the transparency around ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

What do you mean by we see the images under that are part of this container? I dont understand from the photo what exactly you are looking for (how many objects are there, which one do you want to keep, ...). For example the power logo that is cut in half, cant you make the box behind a bit larger to prevent the cut? Or try to have the alpha of the power button a bit higher than the rest/reduce it at a lower pace.

For the cachebale container option, could you put a box of the same color as the background in the container under that you do not fade out?

Maybe add some images of the widgets used in Designer or some code.

/Romain

Thanks for the response, here's more information :

• The widget is a slide to power off
  • It's composed of the following images
    • background normal

0693W000003QhNRQA0.png

• arrow (between background & background active)

0693W000003QhN7QAK.png

• background active0693W000003QhG8QAK.png
    • slider button

0693W000003QhNgQAK.png

• You can see how it is when it's being slidden:

0693W000003QigPQAS.png

• So there would be some work around and having different image to reduce the problem, but we would still see the image behind (like behind the power button, we would see the "background active").
  • For the cacheable container, i'm not sure I understand, so here's what we have :
    • the SlideToPowerOff container with transparency :

0693W000003QiiVQAS.png

• the background which is some grey/black with shading (so not one black rectangle):

0693W000003Qii1QAC.png

I hope my answer help you to understand my problem. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

@Romain DIELEMAN​ Is the information is good ? Anyway to achieve what we want ?

Thanks

vtunr
Associate III

Is there anyone that can help ?

Thanks