cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor doesn't spin well - Motor Control Workbench B-G431B-ESC1 / STEVAL-ESC001V1

Slee.3
Associate II

Hi, I am using B-G431B-ESC1 and STEVAL-ESC001V1 to use sensorless BLDC motor (300W 12V 3000RPM).

I finished motor profiling part and tried to work on the example on workbench.

I was using the monitor function in workbench to figure out proper values of parameters.

For STEVAL-ESC001V1, the example didn't make it rotate even 1 circle. It goes to start and back to idle without doing anything.

I've changed the target speed as the STM32 PMSM FOC SDK Frequently-asked questions (FAQ) pdf recommends and changed Observer C2 value.

Nothing made it run and sometime it causes FOC duration error.

For B-G431B-ESC1, the example causes Speed feedback error and as the pdf file recommends, I changed Observer C2 value and make it run like 2 circles.

It goes to start and spin 2 circles and back to idle.

It seems that the Measured speed is too larger than its actual speed.

It's like the RPM kept going to high from 200 to 900 RPM even if the motor actually spin like 10 RPM.

I tried with all different values on Observer C2 and nothing works well.

For me, the tool doesn't seem to be useful anymore.

Can anyone tell me something to try next?

Regards,

Sangrae

@Power Management and Motor Control​ 

7 REPLIES 7
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Slee.3​ 

Since your question is related to MCSDK, I change the tag of this post to "STM32 Motor Control".

Best regards

Laurent C.

JA.1
Associate III

Have a look at this topic:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D73W000000UlW9/

There seems to be a bug on batch Y related to the microcontroller embedded on the B-G431B-ESC1.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Slee.3​ 

Does this fix solved your problem?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Slee.3
Associate II

Hi Laurent,

Nah, none of them seems to work.

I tried all I can do and the ST boards didn't work as it is supposed to.

Apart from executing examples for B-G431B-ESC1 and STEVAL-ESC001V1, I also tried to run by creating the code following youtube videos.

None of them works.

Regards,

Sangrae

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Slee.3​ 

Firstly, did you start again from scratch your project with this fix (be careful to push on "update" and not "generate" if you don't want to erase part of the patch)?

Secondly, could you indicate to me what YouTube video you talked about?

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Slee.3​ 

As you do not answer, I guess you don't have to solve this problem anymore, therefore I consider this thread closed.

If not, feel free to reopen it by posting a new answer.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...