cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lwIP without RTOS for IAP for STM32F767 Nucleo

Renato Valentim
Associate III

Hello!

I'm trying to adapt an example LWIP_IAP in the STM32CubeF7 FW package written for the STM32F769_EVAL board to work on the STM32F767 NUCLEO board.

For this I've had to do a couple of basic changes:

1. Change the PHY interface to be RMII
  2. Comment out the contents of the HAL_GPIO_EXTI_Callback used to change the connection status based on the Ethernet cable being pliugged in.
  3. Disable any MFX IO stuff since that's not used in the NUCLEO board.
  4. Change LEDs' port assignments.

This example does not use RTOS which makes sense because a bootloader for IAP is supposed to be as light as possible.

It's failing the netif_is_up test and there is no ping.

I enclosed a ZIP with the package. It still has the STM32F769_EVAL name but I've changed it to try to make it work with the STM32F767 NUCLEO board. Any suggestions? Soemthing else I need to change?

Ah there is no example of LWIP without RTOS for a Nucleo board. I tried generating in the STM32CubeMX and added the MCU stuff and it still does not work

I can get an example with RTOS working fine but I really need now without RTOS.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
EmbDeveloper
Associate

Hello Renato Valentim

This is my first post in this community, because I could not find anything similar in the local communities of developers in my native language.

I am also very interested in the topic IAP for STM32F767 Nucleo.

I also couldn't find an example right away for STM32F767 Nucleo and want to adapt the STM32F769_EVAL example.

Could you please tell me how your work ended and what difficulties were in the process? If there is an opportunity to share the code, I will be very grateful.

What example are we talking about: "I can get an example with RTOS working fine". Where can I get it (link)?

I will also be interested in the option with RTOS, since IAP is only one software function, although debugging becomes much more difficult with the use of RTOS.

Therefore, I would like to first just learn how to make IAP for STM32F767 Nucleo, and then transfer the code to an RTOS device.