cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensortile.box keeps dying, and data is truncated

HEhle
Associate II

Hey,

we have a bunch of sensor tile.box boards, but they keep dying and needs to be refreshed with the OTA. - even with the newest FW

is usually happens when we try to "play" a new app (made in expert view of the ST app)

When is works, the data gets truncated from time to time (we log to SD)

also - is it possible to get a binary of the default app? OTA takes so long...

8 REPLIES 8
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @HEhle​ ,

may I ask you what smartphone are you using to download the app on the SensorTile.box?

Also, what does it mean that they die?

Are the leds not responsive? (to the battery attached or to a reset of the board)

What happens if you try to reset it? (unplug battery and usb ->plug battery ->plug usb)

About the data truncated: is it always at the same time?

What sensors or functions are you logging?

Sorry for the list of questions, but I want to be able to reproduce your problem.

Also, regarding the binary of the default app, what binary are you referring to?

Once the latest version (3.4.1) is downloaded one time, the reset of the board always reload that version of fw, so you would not need the binary of the Version 3.4.1.

HEhle
Associate II

My phone is an iPhone 11 - also happens with an 8 and SE

they get completely unresponsive - only sign of life, is disconnecting the battery, and on reconnect, the LEDs does:

red blink

red/green/blue blink

red blink

after this, the board is still unresponsive.

the data is quaternions + acceleration - happens at ransoms places

Hi @HEhle​ ,

do you own an STLink? With that, you could see the debug log with a terminal (I use Termite) by plugging both the STlink and the usb to the board. It could help me to check where the firmware gets stuck, if you could share the debug log.

The sequence

red blink --> red/green/blue blink --> red blink

is quite strange, It should not be possible to have such a sequence at the startup with the stock fw.

can you confirm which version you are using when the board does that?

is the data truncated in the middle of the line or at the beginning? can the .csv file still be opened?

I attach the binary file for the Version 3.4.1 to be flashed on the board, even if I'm not sure that it's the one you are asking me.

another question for you:

did you manage to pair the board with your phone before uploading the "new app" from the app?

HEhle
Associate II

I can open the file, just have som line incomplete.

will try the terminal tomorrow

here you can se the LED's - was wrong about the sequence

HEhle
Associate II

I flashed the device with SensorTile.box_341_BL over USB - and still the same blink pattern - can't connect with BT

HEhle
Associate II

should I be able to connect to the board with a STLINK-V3SET at J2 with SWD?

niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @HEhle​ ,

with the STLINK-V3SET you would need also the adapter board ( https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/b-stlink-volt.html )

as it is reported in the SensorTile.box user manual:

>> Note: Your ST-LINK must have the level shifter to function at 1.8 V (the SensorTile.box power supply).

This mean that you should use by now either the STLINK V2 which is 1.8V compatible or the STLINK V3 with level shifters from 3.3V to 1.8V. If you already have a Nucleo board, you can use the onboard JTAG programmer (which is a STLINK V2)

HEhle
Associate II

am still seeing the same thing - are a bit of use, the board ends with the same blink pattern, and the only thing I can do, is to re-flash it over USB