Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create customized busyIndicator?

D..1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The circleProgress widget would be a good way to do this. Have a look at the documentation and at the UI example "Progress Indicator" there are examples of progress bars/circles that could be interesting to you as they can be sued as loading process. There are some code as well to help you get started.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi friend,

Could you be a bit more specific? What do you mean by busyIndicator? What have you tried for now?

/Romain

I want to create a widget indicating the process is going on and to wait.

ex. a spinning wheel.

So like a text saying "it is working now, wait" ?

D..1
Associate II

yes.

If a text is enough, then you can just write a message depending on the situation you are in. If the process is ongoing, display this message, if not then this other message. Have a look at the textArea documentation (you have some code to help you started) and at the UI example "Text Area" available on TouchGFX Designer, where instead of using a button, you change the text when the process stops/starts.

If you want something a bit more complex and depending on your c++ knowledge, you can have a look at how custom containers work. This will allow you to create a custom widget. But if you just need a background with a text over it and an image or icon next to it, then this is not necessary, just use the existing widgets instead of custom containers.

D..1
Associate II

I want to add image which spins continuously the seconds I want. which indicates the the search is being processing.

D..1
Associate II

In short, I want to indicate "loading process".

The circleProgress widget would be a good way to do this. Have a look at the documentation and at the UI example "Progress Indicator" there are examples of progress bars/circles that could be interesting to you as they can be sued as loading process. There are some code as well to help you get started.

D..1
Associate II

circle progress indicates how much the progress is done of searching or anything related to purpose. Anyways, I found the solution. Texture mapper is being used to rotate the image.