cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX does not correctly handle changing FW versions

Miles1
Associate III

CubeMX will not correctly re-generate code after changing STM firmware versions.

I want to be able to modify my project's version of STM firmware throughout the course of development. For example, to pickup any upcoming bug fixes, or to point to a patched version. I also want to include STM FW by reference in our projects to reduce code duplication.

Here are the steps to reproduce this issue:

• Create a project with these settings:

0693W000003QUxRQAW.png

0693W000003QUxWQAW.png

• Generate code
  • Track output in version control
  • Note that code must be generated a second time to pick-up these additional unexpected changes.
  • Change to another firmware version (e.g. V1.24.1)

0693W000003QUy5QAG.png

• Run code generation
  • I expect that all V1.25.0 instances would be changed to V1.24.1, but there are leftover uses:
// test1.ioc
// I believe this represent's the greyed-out setting in CubeMX (above where we can specify a custom firmware path). So this doesn't seem to be cause for concern.
8:ProjectManager.FirmwarePackage=STM32Cube FW_F4 V1.25.0

// .cproject
// This appears to be the significant problem
214:                            <option id="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.option.defaults.1516957908" superClass="com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.option.defaults" value="com.st.stm32cube.ide.common.services.build.inputs.revA.1.0.3 || Release || false || Executable || com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.gnu.managedbuild.toolchain.base.gnu-tools-for-stm32 || STM32F413ZHTx || 0 || 0 || arm-none-eabi- || ${gnu_tools_for_stm32_compiler_path} || ../Core/Inc | /home/miles/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc | /home/miles/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy | /home/miles/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F4xx/Include | /home/miles/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0/Drivers/CMSIS/Include ||  ||  || USE_HAL_DRIVER | STM32F413xx ||  || Drivers | Core/Startup | Core ||  ||  || ${workspace_loc:/${ProjName}/STM32F413ZHTX_FLASH.ld} || true || NonSecure ||  || secure_nsclib.o || " valueType="string"/>
  • Run code generation again. There should ideally not be any changes in output, but due to the idempotency bug, we expect only a few whitespace and reordering differences. There are actually a few more significant changes. In this case, it adds some lines pointing to the unwanted firmware version.
// .cproject
+                                    <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="/home/miles/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy"/>
+                                    <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="/home/miles/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc"/>

System info:

• STM32CubeMX version: 6.0.1

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Miles​ 

Thanks for the feedback,it will be internally checked.

Best Regards,

Nesrine

Hello @Miles​ 

Thanks for your post. I have raised your feedback internally to be reviewed and treated accordingly to the priority. We will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,

Nesrine