cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the suggested motors to use with EVSPIN32F0251S1?

Rostyslav S
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Rostyslav S​ ok, than I can suggest the BLDC 65 Motor

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @Rostyslav S​ 

The EVSPIN32F0251S1 is able to drive three-phase permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSMs) and brushless DC (BLDC) motors with compatible voltage and current ratings (see details below).

The board is a 3-phase complete inverter based on the STSPIN32F0251 controller, which embeds a 3‑phase 250 V gate driver and a Cortex®‑M0 STM32 MCU.

The power stage features STD17NF25 MOSFETs, but can be populated with any IGBT or Power MOSFET in DPAK or powerFLAT 6x5 package.

The board has a single-shunt sensing topology, and both the field-oriented control (FOC) and sensored or sensorless 6‑step control can be implemented.

With the mounted components the maximum ratings of the board are the following:

• Power stage supply voltage from 15 VAC (20 VDC) to 120 VAC (170 VDC)
  • Overcurrent protection set to 16 Apeak.

Thank you, Cristiana. This information is already provided in board manual.

Actually I was looking for motor part numbers that were tested with this board.

The motor I am currently using matches above requirements (except rated power, so I have upgraded EVSPIN32F0251S1 to support 500W motors), but I am not able to start it spinning. So I am looking for a motor that was specifically tested with this board and it 100% works.

Hi @Rostyslav S (Community Member)​ are you targeting a sensored or sensorless application?

@Cristiana SCARAMEL​ Eventually I am planning to use this board with for sensored application. But for now I want to start with running any motor with this board.

@Rostyslav S​ ok, than I can suggest the BLDC 65 Motor