Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE doesn't compile STM32F4-Dicovery Demonstration prject

SMacD.1
Associate II

I have the STM32CubeIDE version 1.4.2.

I have an STM32F4DISCOVERY board.

I want to import the Demonstration project, compile it, load it and run it. This will verify the discovery board, which is older (MB997C).

I go to File -> Import -> Existing Projects into Workspace. I navigate to C:\Users\smacdonald\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0\Projects\STM32F4-Discovery\Demonstrations and the STM32F4-DISCO project is discovered. All other options are defaults (Copy proects into workspace is not checked off). Click finish.

In the Project Explorer there is now an STMF4-DISCO project. Files under it look reasonable; Application\User\main.c looks like the main loop.

Right-click on the project, select Build Project , and all I get in the console is

**** Build of configuration Debug for project STM32F4-DISCO ****

Nothing to build for project STM32F4-DISCO

Did I miss something during the import process? I expected this to build and load.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EJOHA
Senior

Hi SmacD.1

I looked into the FW_F4 and project you try to import. Unfortunately there is no STM32CubeIDE project available yet. There are only Keil, IAR and ac6 SW4STM32 projects. So you will need to use the ac6 System Workbench import wizard in STM32CubeIDE.

Go to File -> Import... and in Import dialog select "Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project".

Select the STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0\Projects\STM32F4-Discovery\Demonstrations\SW4STM32\STM32F4-DISCO folder in next dialog.

Press Finish and a Project converter is started and some dialogs appear. Now the project should be imported and ready to build and used in STM32CubeIDE.

I hope this helps.

INFO: There is a quite new STM32CubeIDE User guide available with more info on ST web. It can be download here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Try to add a debug configuration with default settings.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
EJOHA
Senior

Hi SmacD.1

I looked into the FW_F4 and project you try to import. Unfortunately there is no STM32CubeIDE project available yet. There are only Keil, IAR and ac6 SW4STM32 projects. So you will need to use the ac6 System Workbench import wizard in STM32CubeIDE.

Go to File -> Import... and in Import dialog select "Import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project".

Select the STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0\Projects\STM32F4-Discovery\Demonstrations\SW4STM32\STM32F4-DISCO folder in next dialog.

Press Finish and a Project converter is started and some dialogs appear. Now the project should be imported and ready to build and used in STM32CubeIDE.

I hope this helps.

INFO: There is a quite new STM32CubeIDE User guide available with more info on ST web. It can be download here.

Thanks, this worked. I can compile, load and run the demonstration code.

I thought the SW4STM32 was a project for STMCubeMx and had tried "existing project" and "STM32Cube example" importers.