cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can ST-Link Server be installed for use by STM32CubeIDE ?

PVand.9
Associate II

Debugging the STM32L053, the STM32CubeIDE (v.1.4.2 on MAC) asks to install the ST-link Server.

I install the ST-link server (v1.3.0) on my mac, this seems to be successful, but for the STM32CubeIDE, nothing has changed and it keeps asking to install the ST-link server:

"ST-Link Server is required to launch the debugsession. Please download it on www.st.com";

Since yesterday, I'm not able to debug any longer...

What should I change in the settings?

This problem is the case whether I choose the ST-LINK (OpenOCD) or (ST-LINK GDB server) in the debugger settings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arete
Associate

Was having this issue, as well.

I deleted my installation and installed a fresh 1.4.0 installation with STLink Server package from STM website. Then updated to 1.4.2 from inside the program through update prompts. Now working.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PVand.9
Associate II

Reverting the STM32CubeIDE from v.1.4.2 to 1.4.0 solves the problem for now.

Arete
Associate

Was having this issue, as well.

I deleted my installation and installed a fresh 1.4.0 installation with STLink Server package from STM website. Then updated to 1.4.2 from inside the program through update prompts. Now working.

Shahar
Associate

Version 1.5.1 seems to have a somewhat similar issue?

J-Link (segger) works - but ST-Link V2 doesn't? (fails to start stlinkgdbserver)

when running the server manually it works...

found the issue, for some reason installing stlink via brew and the whole STM32CubeIDE wasn't enough ... I had to install the ST-Link server mac pkg ... which I have no idea what it installed or where ... but now it works?!