cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[TouchGFX] Using Camera with TouchGFX GUI

HPham.1590
Senior

Hello, I'm using TouchGFX with STM32F746NG Discovery Kit.

Now I want to create an widget (or something like that) in TouchGFX where I can stream data from Camera which connected with STM32F7 kit.

I have read TouchGFX documents but it's seem no object as I want available.

So can I have any solution for my doubt?

Many thanks,

Hieu

5 REPLIES 5
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

We don't have a video widget yet. It's planned for a future release but I don't know exactly when it will be available. I suppose (but it's not sure at all) that it should be out before the end of this year.

/Alexandre

Many thanks for your reply, Alexandre.

If the video widget is not available now, can I temporary close Touch GFX GUI and switch to normal function (which can help to display video stream from camera on screen) in Touch GFX Button Callback? I mean when I clicked button, Touch GFX will close and my video stream thread from camera will appear on display. In this case, Is it possible to catch an touch event when Touch GFX GUI is disappeared?

Hieu

SPerv.1
Associate II

This topic is also interesting. How did anyone get out of the situation ? When will the widget be available?

Hi,

The widget is planned for TouchGFX 4.18 (no promises but that is the plan), which should be around end of September I think.

Usually for those kind of projects I know that people use the 2 layer option for LTDC display controller (if relevant in your case) where they put the video to display on the 2nd layer.

/Romain

scottSD
Senior III

I did some experimenting a while back with the pixel data widget for video.

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/api/classes/classtouchgfx_1_1_pixel_data_widget

If I remember correctly, I was able to get it to work but it wasn't ideal.