cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python Missing Modules on STM32MP1 OpenSTLinux

MakerMelissa
Associate II

I have an STM32MP1-DK2 and have tried to install pip using several python mechanisms, but there are missing modules. The notable ones that I found missing are runpy and xmlrpc. Even when I go into python and type help() it spits out an error about pydoc missing. All available python packages have been installed via apt-get install.

I'm wondering do I have a bad image or is there a way to get these built-in packages?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MakerMelissa​ 

"apt-get install python3-pip " is fully working on our platform.

Didn't it fit your need ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MakerMelissa​ 

Could you please specify on which ecosystem you are working ? V1.2 or V2.0 ?

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Hsn
Associate III

How did you installed pip?

did you added pip in local.conf like this below?

IMAGE_INSTALL_append += "python3-pip"

if yes, and its still not working then you can try adding xmlrpc-c from meta-openembedded layer in your local.conf file.

I tried it with both. With 1.2 I got runpy and xmlrpc were missing. With 2.0 I got getpass is missing.

I tried

python -m ensurepip --default-pip

and using the script https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py

I'm not sure what you're referring to with regards to local.conf. I did not see that file. Is it supposed to be under /etc?

Hsn
Associate III

Sorry, I thought you are using yocto. my bad!

Yes, I'm using OpenSTLinux, which is Yocto based. I'm using the images provided by ST, but perhaps I need to do something custom to use it?

Hsn
Associate III

No, i think you can use it as it is. But you can also take Distibution Package from STM and build your own linux. There is some resources present in wiki which you can follow:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Distribution_Package#Installing_the_OpenSTLinux_distribution

Thanks, I'll give that a try a little later.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MakerMelissa​ 

"apt-get install python3-pip " is fully working on our platform.

Didn't it fit your need ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN