cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I generate the .ioc file after importing a CMake based project?

SMacD.1
Associate II

I've inherited an existing project. It's got STM HAL / auto-generated code. It's set up with CMake to be compiled at the command line.

I have an ST-Link attached to the SWD pads of an Adafruit STM32F405 Feather board.

I can import the project okay, and it'll compile, but I cannot get any debugging or firmware loading working. Adding a run/debug configuration always leaves the Run/Debug button greyed out.

I can start a new project and get that loading, running and debugging.

What is missing from the existing project that is present in the new scratch project is the *.ioc and *.mxproject files.

Is there a way to get STM32CubeIDE to generate the missing files?

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

I don't think you can go from code to IOC file. You can only go from IOC to code. In general, existing code isn't going to map 1:1 with an IOC file.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

The missing bit for debugger is probably the target MCU info. Try to transplant it from other working project for same board.

You don't need .ioc file to build and debug. All pre-CubeIDE ST examples do not have .ioc but can be debugged. (and of course you don't need .mxproject)

-- pa