cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX for Mac OS

AXu.11
Associate III

I can't find out downloading STM32CubeMX for Mac OS. Where is it?

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @AXu.1​ ,

STM32CubeMX is available as standalone software running on Windows®, Linux® and macOS® operating systems and 64-bit Java Runtime environment.

Here the installation steps as described in UM1718:

1. Download STM32CubeMX installation package from www.st.com/stm32cubemx.
  2. Extract (unzip) stm32cubemx.zip whole package into the same directory.
  3. Check your access rights and launch the installation wizard:
  • Make sure you have administrators rights.
    • Double- click SetupSTM32CubeMX-VERSION application file to launch the installation wizard.

In case of error, try one of the following fixes:

- $sudo xattr -cr ~/SetupSTM32CubeMX-VERSION, or

- launch the .exe file with the following command: sudo java -jar SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.14.0.exe.

4. Upon successful installation of STM32CubeMX on Windows, STM32CubeMX icon is displayed on your desktop and STM32CubeMX application is available from the Program menu. STM32CubeMX .ioc files are displayed with a cube icon. Double-click them to open up them using STM32CubeMX.

5. Delete the content of the zip from your disk.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AXu.11
Associate III

Hi! Amel,

Thanks for your support. I've installed STM32CubeMX in Windows 10 and learnt its functions. I'm waiting for another reply from STM concerning how to combine projects when there are more than one project. Whenever I get that reply I'll try to install STM32CubeMX again in Mac OS.

Regards,

Adam

Hi @AXu.1​ ,

Are you speaking about this discussion? I agree with @TDK's answer there and I suggest you to submit your proposal in Idea Zone.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.