cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use just the HAL libraries in the STM32CubeIDE project without using CubeMX features and MX functions.

Vivek Karna
Associate II

I want to a project from the scratch using the STM32CubeIDE for a STM32 Nucleo board. But I don't want to use the CubeMX feature of the IDE. I just to use the HAL libraries like we can do Ac6 workbench software. In Ac6 software, we have an option to use the SPL or HAL library to build the code, can't we do in this IDE also, with just the use of HAL library not MX thing.

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

You can create a new STM32 project as usual and delete the .ioc file. No more code generation.

Alternatively, you can select Targeted Project Type: Empty during STM32 project creation.

In both cases you have to select a target chip first. This is needed for generating the right linker description file etc..

Drivers (CMSIS + HAL + LL) are available separately in the STMCube packages. You can mix them in as needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KnarfB
Principal III

You can create a new STM32 project as usual and delete the .ioc file. No more code generation.

Alternatively, you can select Targeted Project Type: Empty during STM32 project creation.

In both cases you have to select a target chip first. This is needed for generating the right linker description file etc..

Drivers (CMSIS + HAL + LL) are available separately in the STMCube packages. You can mix them in as needed.

Vivek Karna
Associate II

Thank you @KnarfB​. It worked.