cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max sink current supported by STPM32 I/O

rmshub
Associate II

Can you please share the maximum current supported by STPM32 Energy IC digital IO pin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Hi @rmshub​ ,

I contacted a colleague who is expert in the STPM32. Following her feedback:

"The typical current with a +/-0.4V drop is about 6mA (25°C, 3.3V supply); we guarantee at least 4mA in the worst conditions (higher temp, lower Vcc)."

So my +/- 1 mA was very conservative :D.

You can push the sink source current up to 2 mA without concerns.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Hi,

According to the datasheet the high and low output levels are tested with a load current of 1 mA.

I would consider this value as operative range.

rmshub
Associate II

HI Enrico Poli,

Can I drive I/O pin as sink with 2mA. What is the maximum current supported by Vcc pin and maximum power required by STPM32 chip. (3.3V*4.6mA = 15mW)

HI Enrico Poli,

Can I drive I/O pin as sink with 2mA. What is the maximum current supported by Vcc pin and maximum power required by STPM32 chip. (3.3V*4.6mA = 15mW)

Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Hi @rmshub​ 

I don't think you should exceed the 1 mA reported into the datasheet as sink/source current of the digital pins.

I'm looking for some STPM32 expert in the community. Most of the people here are focused on motor drivers and power electronics.

Meanwhile I suggest you to open a support request ticket. This way your request will be for sure forwarded to the right technical expert.

Hi @Enrico Poli​ 

Thank you for information and support. I will raise the support request ticket and post an answer here if you got the information.

Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Hi @rmshub​ ,

I contacted a colleague who is expert in the STPM32. Following her feedback:

"The typical current with a +/-0.4V drop is about 6mA (25°C, 3.3V supply); we guarantee at least 4mA in the worst conditions (higher temp, lower Vcc)."

So my +/- 1 mA was very conservative :D.

You can push the sink source current up to 2 mA without concerns.

Hi @Enrico Poli​ ,

Thanks a lot for your support and time. It is simplified the my design.

Best Regards,

Ramesh