cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup for MEMS & Sensor Webinar - Code version error

BTrem.1
Senior II

I downloaded the recent webinar for the MEMS & Sensors MOOC. I've run through labs 1-5 okay but have a code version issue in Lab6.

The lab calls for using:  "In X-CUBE-MEMS1/MEMS, Class “Board Component�?: In AccGyr/LSM6DSO Selection I2C"

My configuration is using STM32Cube V1.42 and my XCUBE-MEMS1 is updated to V8. But selecting Board Component there is only a v7.2 that is not compatible with STM32Cube 1.42.

Is there a different package I should use to run the sensors MOOC on v1.4.2 or do I need to downgrade to make it work?

I'm really looking forward to finishing all labs in this MOOC.

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @BTrem.1​ , unfortunately you may be right: that combination has not been tested on our expert's side yet, and the suggestion is to follow the compatibility guidelines you explained in the MOOC. As explained there, the CubeIDE embedded package manager will highlight in green the packages which are compatible with the IDE version. Also the Additional Software windows will highlight with a green checkbox the selection which is compatible with the IDE version.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @BTrem.1​ , unfortunately you may be right: that combination has not been tested on our expert's side yet, and the suggestion is to follow the compatibility guidelines you explained in the MOOC. As explained there, the CubeIDE embedded package manager will highlight in green the packages which are compatible with the IDE version. Also the Additional Software windows will highlight with a green checkbox the selection which is compatible with the IDE version.

Regards

I did downgrade STM32CubeIDE to 1.30 (from 1.42) and re-ran the labs. Doing this it all worked as expected.

Thanks,

Brian