cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scroll Whell with button don't allways scroll

MatthGyver
Associate II

Hello,

I wish to have a Scroll Whell containing a list of buttons and used this tutorial for that.

The problem is, if I try to unroll from a button, it doesn't unroll. (If I unroll from a blank area, that's okay).

I use a Scroll Whell as in the tutorial but it is not necessarily the best choice. I have tried with other widgets but cannot resolve my issue.

My problem is similar to this I think but as a beginner in C ++ (not very comfortable with callbacks), something escapes me and I cannot resolve it.

Here is my test code.

Could you advise me on how to do this, please?

Thank's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Regarding what you want to do, I highly recommend you to use a ListLayout inside a ScrollableContainer. This way you can manipulate more easily your items and you still have the effect you want.

A ScrollWheel is a relatively complex widget that should be used if it is really necessary and the user needs quite some knowledge if he wants to change its behavior. The Scrollwheel is not that versatile and therefore it is often better to go for another method.

You will find enclosed an example of a ListLayout inside ScrollableContainer containing buttons.

In the Designer, you will not see anything because I added the elements manually in the SetupScreen function. It was easier this way.

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

What do you mean by enroll ? Can you elaborate ?

Edit: Actually I just understood your issue and will try to provide an example.

/Alexandre

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Regarding what you want to do, I highly recommend you to use a ListLayout inside a ScrollableContainer. This way you can manipulate more easily your items and you still have the effect you want.

A ScrollWheel is a relatively complex widget that should be used if it is really necessary and the user needs quite some knowledge if he wants to change its behavior. The Scrollwheel is not that versatile and therefore it is often better to go for another method.

You will find enclosed an example of a ListLayout inside ScrollableContainer containing buttons.

In the Designer, you will not see anything because I added the elements manually in the SetupScreen function. It was easier this way.

/Alexandre

MatthGyver
Associate II

Hi Alexandre,

It works as I expected 🙂

Thank you to take the time to provide me an example 😉