cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't load X-CUBE-53L0A1

lee23
Associate II

I'm using STM32CubeMx 6.0.0 to develop for our STM32L4 board with a VL53L0X sensor on I2C. The X-CUBE-53L0A1 package is not listed, and attempting to load the zip file fails. Is this package supposed to be loadable? Or will I have to figure out how to interface the API myself? All the documentation in the API package seems to be for Windows and the Nucleo card, neither of which I use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello lee23,

X-CUBE-53L0A1 expansion is compatible with the STM32Cube embedded software libraries and tools, it enables rapid application development based on proven and validated software elements, but it is not enhanced for STM32CubeMX software tool so can't be configured and imported automatically through GUI.

This software packages contain the necessary software extensions as well as implementation examples running on some specific ST development boards. The software architecture allows quick and easy adaptation to user specific hardware configurations.

If you unzip manually the downloaded X-CUBE-53L0A1, the …\VL53L0X\Projects\Multi\Examples\VL53L0X\RangingWithSatellites directory contains ready CubeMX projects to use for NUCLEO-F401RE and NUCLEO-L476RG.

0693W000003QK2BQAW.png

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello lee23,

X-CUBE-53L0A1 expansion is compatible with the STM32Cube embedded software libraries and tools, it enables rapid application development based on proven and validated software elements, but it is not enhanced for STM32CubeMX software tool so can't be configured and imported automatically through GUI.

This software packages contain the necessary software extensions as well as implementation examples running on some specific ST development boards. The software architecture allows quick and easy adaptation to user specific hardware configurations.

If you unzip manually the downloaded X-CUBE-53L0A1, the …\VL53L0X\Projects\Multi\Examples\VL53L0X\RangingWithSatellites directory contains ready CubeMX projects to use for NUCLEO-F401RE and NUCLEO-L476RG.

0693W000003QK2BQAW.png

Best Regards,

Khouloud.