cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to support multiple boards revisions with the device configuration tool.

JChrist
Associate III
  • STM32F446REx

I'm working on a revision of a board that I'm planning on moving four signals that a previous designer choose to put on pins that are needed to add USB capabilities to the design. However, I do not want to maintain two different projects but instead I will use some internal pull ups on unused pins on the previous revision and external pull downs on the same pin on new revision to detect the board revision. My dilemma is that the project is configured quite nicely with the "Device Configuration Tool" and I need to be able to change the configuration on startup based on the board revision. I'm sure I can do this in code manually but I don't want my hand crafted code to fight with the Device Configuration Tool.

Does anyone know an elegant way to accomplish this goal?

Thanks in advance,

Jacob

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

STM32CubeIDE cant really handle this. It assumes a static configuration.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JChrist
Associate III

So the way I got this to work is I made the changes did a diff and then used some if statements in USER CODE to make this work. Some thing were more challenging than others because it required renaming some files and functions.