cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F411EDISCO - USB Device example

DHinge
Associate II

Hi

I bought STM32F411E DISCO board for project and want to develop a custom USB Device for communication with PC

I need some information on following

1. How to use STM32CUBE software (IDE, Complier) with this board
  2. Where is Embedded software and libraries for this board
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EJOHA
Senior

Please read the new STM32CubeIDE user manual to learn about IDE, Compiler, projects etc. It is available here:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00629856-description-of-the-integrated-development-environment-for-stm32-products-stmicroelectronics.pdf

The Information Center in the product includes most other manuals and links to product information.

You can download the firmware from ST web site or if you have created a project for STM32F411 in STM32CubeIDE you will find the fw downloaded in the Firmware installation repository. Look into 

Preferences -> STM32Cube -> Firmware updater in STM32CubeIDE to find the repository location. 

I found this USB example in the fw. 

C:\Users\name\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0\Projects\STM32F411E-Discovery\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_USBDisk

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
EJOHA
Senior

Please read the new STM32CubeIDE user manual to learn about IDE, Compiler, projects etc. It is available here:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00629856-description-of-the-integrated-development-environment-for-stm32-products-stmicroelectronics.pdf

The Information Center in the product includes most other manuals and links to product information.

You can download the firmware from ST web site or if you have created a project for STM32F411 in STM32CubeIDE you will find the fw downloaded in the Firmware installation repository. Look into 

Preferences -> STM32Cube -> Firmware updater in STM32CubeIDE to find the repository location. 

I found this USB example in the fw. 

C:\Users\name\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0\Projects\STM32F411E-Discovery\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_USBDisk

DHinge
Associate II

Thanks, it helps a lot.

Just wondering is there any sample example for STM32F411E - DISCO board with debug print and ST-LINK debuger or something similar

EJOHA
Senior

I do not have any specific examples with the STM32F411E-DISCO board displaying debug using printf.

However the UM contains common info on how to use printf redirected to ITM. It works with ST-LINK GDB server.

Another way that can be used with OpenOCD and ST-LINK is based on semihosting. In that case the rdimon library needs to be included in the project and initialise_monitor_handles() needs to be called. There is no STM32 example based on this but there are several description on internet on how to use it with OpenOCD.

DHinge
Associate II

Thanks EJOHA, I am using ITM for now, it is not reliable but suffice for my work.

Secondly, I am searching for Secure DFU and Secure Boot loader for STM32F411 for my products that may get deploy in fields

Requesting you please share any information releated to Secure DFU and Secure Bootloader. Appreciate you help!

EJOHA
Senior

Information regarding STM32 Secure DFU and Bootloader is available on ST web site. Please open new forum question if needed.