cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I trigger the DFU mode on STM32F373V-EVAL board?

TBlac.1
Associate

I have been working with the STM32F373C-EVAL board for several weeks now. I am in the process of testing our DFU update options and am attempting to use the built in DFU interface over USB. I am failing to invoke this mode and am unable to find the issue. BOOT0 is set to 1 and the nBoot is checked.

As per page 102 in AN2606 I have added a 1K5 Ohm pull-up to VDD on the USB_DP,PA12 line.

I have tested with an app using the CDC interface without issue. Since adding the pull-up the device appears in the device manager as an unknown device with the device descriptor missing. Manually adding the driver does not help.

I have an oscilloscope on the HSE crystal and it runs when my App is running, however it does not run in boot-loader mode. I know this is necessary for the DFU interface to work, so I am under the impression that the bootloader is not detecting the crystal.

I also know the UART interface is running as I have tested it. So I know it is in bootloader mode.

Is there something I am missing? It seems like the board is not detecting the crystal in boot-loader mode.

0 REPLIES 0