cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX 6.0.1 has a new bug with project setting

JKaz.1
Associate III

I posted previous for 6.0 that there was a bug where it would change your ProjectManager settings from 'Add necessary library files' to 'Copy only the necessary library files'. (https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000DffOTSAZ/updating-from-cubemx-53-to-6-results-in-some-project-settings-changing)

That bug is technically fixed, as it no longer updates the .ioc file and keeps whatever setting you previously had. The new bug is that is just completely ignores that setting and always chooses "Copy only the necessary library files"

This is what my .ioc files says:

ProjectManager.LibraryCopy=2

This is what my project file does when I open it

0693W000003Ph3yQAC.png

Regardless of what changes I make to the project and that setting, the .ioc file never changes and it always opens up with "Copy only the necessary library files". So like, we're half way there I guess?

This happens on an H7 project and an L4 project I tested. The H7 was a 6.0 project and the L4 was a 5.0.1 project.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @JKaz.1​ 

Could you please share your .ioc file to check the issue.

Best regards,

Nesrine

JKaz.1
Associate III

Attached is my ioc file. After playing around with it more, I feel like my observations from yesterday aren't holding true today. If I hit save it does change my LibraryCopy option to 1, whereas yesterday I swear that it wasn't. Regardless of whether it's saving it though, it does always start up as "Copy only". Perhaps I have something corrupted on my computer when upgrading from 5.3 to to 6.0 as I noticed my .ioc file still says:

MxCube.Version=5.3.0

MxDb.Version=DB.5.0.30

Even though yesterday I made changes to the project and saved it. Is it unhappy because i'm using an older firmware framework (1.5) or something?